SOLIDWORKS Product Data Management (PDM) Professional is a full-featured data management solution for organizations large and small.A data vault powered by Microsoft® SQL Server® guarantees all information is securely stored and indexed for fast retrieval by authorized users within your company.
SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional solutions include:
- Revision Management – Track changes, maintain a complete revision history and avoid the errors of manual approaches.
- Bill of Materials Management – The SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional system offers a range of tools for making BOM (Bill of Materials) information management more efficient, enabling you to export BOM data in multiple ways to use in downstream applications and systems, and giving non-CAD users access to BOM data.
- Distributed Collaboration – Drive collaboration throughout your organization, whether it’s in just one place or around the world. SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional provides the tools and capabilities that your enterprise needs to keep people connected, up to date, and working on the same set of data, regardless of their location.
- Regulatory Compliance – The SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional system helps companies in regulated fields (like medical device development) comply with government regulatory requirements or industry standards for controlled development processes and product documentation by increasing operational efficiency, ensuring regulations are met,and generating the information needed to demonstrate compliance.
- Enterprise Scalability – Easily connect the design data needs of your entire enterprise, whether for just a few users in a single location or hundreds of contributors working in multiple locations around the world. SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional provides one convenient, vaulted location where colleagues can store and retrieve data. Efficient file storage and retrieval enables millions of files to be managed.
- Find and Reuse Design Data – Instead of spending time trying to find prior designs on shared drives or local workstations—or recreating designs when you can’t find them—you can use SOLIDWORKS PDM tools to locate them quickly.
- Secure File Vaulting – With secure file vaulting, user access is tightly managed—even within distributed computing environments—and security risks that arise from using shared network drives are eliminated.