What is DriveWorks?
DriveWorks software is used by companies to build their own design automation and online 3D sales configurator solution.
Enable engineers, sales teams, distributors and customers to design, engineer and configure to order, on any device.
DriveWorks automates the creation of order-specific sales documents and SOLIDWORKS manufacturing data.
Reduce repetitive tasks, eliminate errors, increase sales and deliver custom products in record time.
Free entry-level design automation included in every seat of SOLIDWORKS.
Quickly generate new versions of your SOLIDWORKS parts, assemblies and drawings
- One Time Setup – Set up once and run again and again. No need for complex macros, design tables or configurations.
- Save Time & Innovate More – Automate repetitive SOLIDWORKS tasks and free up time to focus on product innovation and development.
- Eliminate Errors – DriveWorksXpress uses rules to eliminate errors and expensive, time-consuming design changes.
Upscale to DriveWorks Solo or DriveWorks Pro anytime.
If you have SOLIDWORKS, you already have DriveWorksXpress. You just need to activate it, free inside the SOLIDWORKS tools menu.
SOLIDWORKS automation without complex macros, design tables or configurations.
Capture and control the parameters you manually change in your SOLIDWORKS models and assemblies in DriveWorksXpress.
- Control dimensions, features, custom properties and switch configurations
- Update drawings by associating them with driven models
- Add and update captured parameters easily
Create input forms to enter product requirements. Add validation to controls to ensure inputs are always suitable.
- Show requirements and add validation to inputs.
- Add text boxes, numeric text boxes, drop-down lists, spin buttons and check boxes.
- Set default values and order of controls on input form.
Build rules to link input controls with captured parameters using the intelligent DriveWorks Rules Builder.
- Define your design knowledge using mathematical formulas and logical statements.
- Use standard Excel functions.
- Use intelligent file naming to build a library of components.
Powerful SOLIDWORKS design automation. Download your 30 day free trial of DriveWorks Solo.
Quickly and easily create and configure custom products inside SOLIDWORKS
- Eliminate Errors – DriveWorks rules based SOLIDWORKS automation eliminates errors and expensive, time-consuming design changes.
- Save Time & Innovate More – Automate repetitive SOLIDWORKS tasks and free up engineers to focus on product innovation and development.
- Easy to Setup, Maintain & Use – Deliver custom products faster and with greater accuracy, without using complex macros, design tables or code.
DriveWorks Solo Features
Powerful SOLIDWORKS automation for parts, assemblies and drawings.
Powerful SOLIDWORKS Automation
Automate your SOLIDWORKS parts, assemblies and detailed drawings.
- Control dimensions, features, custom properties, advanced feature parameters, instances and file formats.
- Dynamically replace components.
- Create a library of components using intelligent file reuse.
Advanced Drawing Control
Save time and boost product quality by automatically creating accurate manufacturing drawings with DriveWorks Solo.
- Control sheets, views, annotation text, annotation positions, layers, break lines and custom properties.
- Generation reports provide complete audit trail of drawing values.
- Save drawings out in additional file formats, such as PDF, JPEG, DWF and DWG.
Preview results as you enter design requirements before you generate final models, drawings and documents.
- Preview the effect of your selections as you configure.
- Quickly try ‘what if’ scenarios to test design requirements.
- Make informed decisions and ensure product suitability.
File Formats & Save Location
You have full control over the save location and folder structure of files created by DriveWorks Solo. Automatically create additional file formats available in SOLIDWORKS.
- You have complete control over file naming, use intelligent file naming to create a library of parts.
- Save files exactly where you want them.
- Create any additional file format available in SOLIDWORKS.
Custom Input Forms
DriveWorks Solo has an inbuilt form designer to help you configure valid permutations.
- Rules based form-to-form navigation controls which forms are shown based on selections.
- Use images to aid configuration process and provide selection feedback.
- Control visibility and validation of input controls based on rules.
Static Tabular Data
Add your existing static tabular data into DriveWorks Solo, use it on your forms and within your rules.
- DriveWorks Solo includes 60 table functions to manipulate data.
- Centralize and maintain your existing engineering data in DriveWorks.
- Minimise errors and ensure data is always up to date.
Quickly respond to sales enquiries with accurate documents using the DriveWorks Solo quote, covering letter and BOM templates.
- Reduce time preparing documents for customer enquiries.
- Build rules to control whats included in your documents.
- Reports provide auditing of document content.